Join our team and help transform lives!
The Women’s Community currently has a position available as a Legal Advocate in our Justice System Program.
Job Summary: Full-time position; schedule may vary to include some weekday evenings. Provides advocacy, crisis intervention, support services, legal advocacy, and follow up for domestic and sexual violence victims. Is responsible for assisting with filing restraining orders and acting as liaison with community partners in the criminal justice system.
- Provides advocacy for program clients throughout their involvement in the criminal justice system and mental health/social service system.
- Provides transportation as required by clients.
- Assists clients with filling out paperwork and filing Restraining Orders.
- Is on-call for support calls on a rotating basis with other agency staff.
- Provides advocacy regarding legal, medical, financial, and other areas as needed by clients.
- Provides information and referrals and general program and issue information.
Must possess ability to provide non-judgmental services.
Must be familiar with the dynamics of sexual assault and abuse.
Bi-lingual fluency is a plus.
The Women’s Community Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.
The Women’s Community Inc. is a United Way Partner Agency.
If you have an email account, please include your email address on your resume, and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your list of approved senders. You will be contacted by email.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume by Wednesday, April 21, 2021.
Letter of interest & resume can be mailed, dropped off, or emailed to our Director of Admin:
The Women’s Community, Inc.
3200 Hilltop Ave.
Wausau, WI 54401