Join our team and help transform lives!
The Women’s Community currently has a position available as a Justice System Program Coordinator.
Job Summary: Under the general direction of the Executive Director, plans, manages, coordinates and provides services for domestic and sexual violence victims. Serves as primary spokesperson for domestic violence justice systems response and represents agency on community task forces. Provides supervision for program staff. Assists in grant writing and reporting, and long range planning.
- Knowledge of the dynamics of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Knowledge of how the criminal justice system works in relation to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Supervisory experience: 3-5+ years preferred.
- Degree in human services preferred, or related field/related years of experience.
- Provides advocacy for program clients throughout their involvement in the criminal justice system and mental health/social service system.
- Provides transportation as required by client.
- Assists clients with filling out paperwork and filing Restraining Orders.
- Is on-call for support calls on a rotating basis with other agency staff.
- Provides advocacy regarding legal, medical, financial,and other areas as needed by client.
- Provides information and referrals and general program and issue information.
- Supervises program staff.
- Work with victims at Family Visitation Center.
- Responding with law enforcement to victims homes.
Must possess ability to provide non-judgmental services.
Must be familiar with the dynamics of sexual assault and abuse .
Bi-lingual fluency is a plus.
The Women’s Community Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.
The Women’s Community Inc. is a United Way Partner Agency.
If you have an email account, please include your email address on your resume, and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your list of approved senders. You will be contacted by email.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume by Wednesday March 27, 2019
to the attention of:
Jane Graham Jennings
The Women’s Community, Inc.
3200 Hilltop Ave.
Wausau, WI 54401