Join our team and help transform lives!
The Women’s Community currently has a position available as a Domestic Abuse Program Children’s Advocate
FLSA STATUS: Exempt, Full-time
JOB SUMMARY: The DAP Children’s Advocate will provide crisis intervention, support services, and advocacy for children and protective parents affected by domestic abuse; provides shelter coverage and age appropriate children’s programming.
Direct Service Provision
- Provides advocacy, crisis intervention, and supportive counseling services to individuals affected by domestic and sexual violence.
- Provides transportation as needed by children/family.
- Assists with filing of Restraining Orders, especially of Child Abuse.
- Is on-call for support calls on a rotating basis with other agency staff.
- Provides intake of children entering shelter.
- Performs intake and exit interviews with children in shelter.
- Helps support/foster resilience in children in shelter.
- Provides age appropriate activities for children to help deal with trauma.
- Provides resources and support to enhance the bond between child and protective parent.
- Establishes and facilitates age appropriate support groups.
- Answers support line when necessary.
- Along with agency Family Advocate, uses prepared curriculum in schools to train regarding violent relationships and sexual assault.
- Monitors children while in shelter for concerning behaviors that need to be addressed.
- Acts as liaison between protective parent and children in shelter when necessary.
Must have experience with and possess ability relating to children and their parents.
Must possess ability to provide non-judgmental services.
Must be familiar with the dynamics of domestic abuse and sexual assault.
Bi-lingual fluency is a plus.
The Women’s Community Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.
The Women’s Community Inc. is a United Way Partner Agency.
If you have an email account, please include your email address on your resume, and add email@example.com to your list of approved senders. You will be contacted by email.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume by, Friday, September 30.
Applications can be mailed, dropped off, or emailed to our Director of Admin:
The Women’s Community, Inc., 3200 Hilltop Ave., Wausau, WI 54401