Fund Development Specialist
The Women’s Community, Inc. is looking for Fund Development Specialist. This newly created position will work under the direction of the Executive Director to plan and execute resource development strategies and monitor progress against goals. This highly motivated, independent functioning individual will coordinate fundraising events, cultivate and solicit major gifts and grants from individuals, corporations, foundations and other sources. They will assist the Director in donor contact and recognition.
- Developing annual fundraising calendar in conjunction with Executive Director, Board of Directors and fundraising committees.
- Develop and maintain long-term donor based fundraising plan.
- Work with agency and fundraising committees to ensure that annual giving goals are met.
- Develop and track relationships with donors.
- Assist Executive Director in maintaining and strengthening donor relationships.
- Research and analyze corporate and foundation support of the agency.
- Oversee planning of logistics for special events, including obtaining sponsorships and solicitation of gifts including marketing and communications.
- Provide support for various initiatives assigned by Executive Director, such as endowments, major gifts and planned giving.
- Assist with researching and identifying new funding sources.
- Evaluate development activities and identifies opportunities for improved results.
- Maintain collaborative, team-orientated and professional communication with agency co-workers.
The ideal candidate will possess Associates degree, with a minimum of 2 year fund-raising related experience or equivalent professional experience in fund development, fundraising and marketing. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Emphasis on development, face to face fundraising, and major gift work. Non-profit experience a plus. Experience working with electronic data base. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Please email cover letter and resume along with salary requirements by September 22, 2017 to:
Jane Graham Jennings at janeATwomenscommunity.org (replace AT with @)