Join our team and help transform lives!
The Women’s Community currently has a position available as a Sexual Assault Victim Services Client Advocate.
Job Summary: Full-time position; schedule may vary to include some weekday evenings. Provides advocacy, crisis intervention, support services, legal advocacy, and follow up for sexual and domestic violence victims. Including adult sexual assault victims, adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse, adolescent victims of sexual abuse and their non-offending family, and victims of sexual harassment.
- Provides advocacy for program clients throughout their involvement in the criminal justice system and mental health/social service system.
- Provides transportation as required by client.
- Assists clients with filling out paperwork and filing Restraining Orders.
- Is on-call for support calls on a rotating basis with other agency staff.
- Provides advocacy regarding legal, medical, financial, and other areas as needed by client.
- Provides information and referrals and general program and issue information.
- Responds to Child Advocacy Center as needed.
Must possess ability to provide non-judgmental services.
Must be familiar with the dynamics of sexual assault and abuse .
Bi-lingual fluency is a plus.
The Women’s Community Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.
The Women’s Community Inc. is a United Way Partner Agency.
If you have an email account, please include your email address on your resume, and add email@example.com to your list of approved senders. You will be contacted by email.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume by Friday, December 1st,
to the attention of:
Jane Graham Jennings
The Women’s Community, Inc.
3200 Hilltop Ave.
Wausau, WI 54401