Join our team and help transform lives!
The Women’s Community currently has a position available as a
South East Asian Program (SEAP) Family Advocate
Full-Time (40 hours/week)
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the SEAP Coordinator, provides crisis intervention, support services, advocacy, and coordination of services with other community agencies for domestic and sexual violence victims.
- Serve as link between children, youth, and family members.
- Interprets for clients with community referral agencies as necessary.
- Acts as liaison between agency and community Clan leaders.
- Collects and maintains relevant statistics, including client case notes as required.
- Completes all required reports in a timely manner.
- Assists Program Coordinator in preparing grant reports.
Direct Service Provision
- Provides advocacy, crisis intervention, supportive counseling services to individuals affected by domestic and sexual violence.
- Assists with filing of Restraining Orders.
- Is on-call for support calls on a rotating basis with other program staff.
- Provides interpretation/translation services as needed for non-English speaking South East Asian clients.
- Facilitates support groups.
- Consults with Program Coordinator and other staff regarding shelter resident concerns.
- Answers support line when necessary.
Must be fluent in Hmong and English languages. Must possess ability to provide non-judgmental services. Must be familiar with the dynamics of domestic abuse and sexual assault.
The Women’s Community Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.
The Women’s Community Inc is a United Way Partner Agency.
If you have an email account, please include your email address on your resume, and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your list of approved senders. You will be contacted by email.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume by Monday July 16, 2018 to the attention of:
Jane Graham Jennings
The Women’s Community, Inc.
3200 Hilltop Ave.
Wausau, WI 54401-4026