The mission of The Women’s Community is to provide specialized services and resources to people in central Wisconsin affected by domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking and stalking. Our goal is to help individuals and families attain greater emotional and economic self-sufficiency.
TWC is a model organization that empowers communities and individuals who have survived the effects of violence and oppression through the provision of quality programming, advocacy, and education. The ultimate goal is to reduce/eradicate violence.
Serving Victims of Domestic and Sexual Abuse
The Women’s Community is a non-profit organization serving victims of domestic abuse and sexual assault throughout Marathon County, Wisconsin. We welcome victims of all races, religions, gender identities and sexual orientations. We serve everyone, including populations that may face additional cultural or societal pressures — Hmong, Hispanic, LGBTQ, the elderly, men, and those with hearing disabilities.
We provide the following free services:
- Confidential shelter, food and clothing
- Making the transition to an abuse-free life
- Domestic Violence and Sexual Abuse Advocacy
- Services for children who have been abused or assaulted
- Services for teens who have been abused or assaulted
- Sexual assault services
- Support groups for victims of domestic abuse or sexual assault
In 2018, The Women’s Community celebrated 40 years of transforming lives. Click here for our 40th anniversary timeline.